1. Place the rice, water, and a pinch of salt in a saucepan with a tight-fitting lid. Bring to a boil, and turn down the heat to a simmer. Stir once and cook, covered, for 15 to 20 minutes or until the rice has absorbed all the liquid. Remove from the heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork before serving.
2. Place the eggs in a shallow bowl, add the beef, and coat thoroughly. Add 1 tbsp of the sherry, the cornstarch, and the salt, and mix the ingredients so the beef is well coated.
3. Heat the sesame oil and peanut oil in a wok over high heat. When just smoking, add the beef and 1 tbsp more of the sherry and stir-fry over high heat for about 3 minutes, until the beef is browned and no longer sticks together.
4. Turn down the heat tot medium and continue to stir-fry for 2 minutes longer.
5. Add the garlic, ginger, bean paste, soy sauce, hot chile sauce, hoisin sauce, sugar, and the remaining 2 tbsp of sherry, and stir-fry for 1 minute. Increase the heat to high again and add the carrots, bell pepper, and celery.
6. Stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add the scallions and pepper, stir together well, and serve over the rice.