1. Shake off all the sandy salt from the jellyfish. Wash in 3 changes of water, squeezing to get rid of some of the excess
2. Put into a large, deep bowl and fill up with cold water. Leave to soak, changing the water at 60-minutes intervals and
squeezing the jellyfish each time. Test by tasting: if the jellyfish is totally bland, it is ready.
3. Prepare the dressing: mix together the vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, oil and mustard
4. Squeeze out excess water. Put on a board and cut into thin strips about 3mm wide. Pour hot water over the strips to make them
curl up. Drain well and pat dry.
5. Cut the cucumber diagonally into slices about 3mm thick. Stack a few pieces together at a time and cut into sticks about
6. Arrange the cucumber on a serving plate and place the jellyfish in the centre.
7. Just before serving, add the well-stirred dressing to the jellyfish, then mix in the cucumber.