1. Make the marinade by mixing all the ingredients in a bowl. Add the scallops, toss to coat and leave to marinate for about 30 minutes.
2. Heat the oil in a large heavy-based saucepan or deep fryer and deep fry the wonton wrappers in small batches until crisp golden.
3. When the wrappers are ready, drain them on kitchen paper and set aside until required.
4. Heat half the olive oil in a large frying pan. Add the scallops, with the marinade, and sear over a high heat for about 1 minute or until golden, taking care not to overcook (they should feel firm to the touch but not rubbery). Using a slotted spoon, transfer the scallops to a plate.
5. Add the remaining olive oil to the pan. When hot, add the carrot and leek strips. Toss and turn the vegetables until they start to wilt and soften, but remain crisp. Season to taste with salt and pepper, stir in the lemon and orange juices, and add a little more soy sauce if needed.
6. Return the scallops to the pan, mix lightly with the vegetables and heat for long enough to warm through. Transfer to a bowl and add the spring onions and coriander. To serve, sandwich a quarter of the mixture between two wonton crisps. Make three more sandwiches in the same way and serve at once.