1. Sift flour and baking powder together on table, make a hollow in the centre, put in sugar, lard and beaten egg. Stir together until dissolved. Slowly work in flour, adding in water gradually. Knead into a soft dough.
2. Put shredded coconut into a mixing bowl, add sugar and mix well.
3. Wash sesame seeds, dry and fry over slow fire in a clean wok. Mix well with melon seeds and coconut.
4. Sift a little flour on table, knead soft dough into a long roll, divide into 20 to 24 portions.
5. Knead each portion into the shape of a nest, put in filling. Pinch edges together and seal. Roll into a round ball.
6. Wash another 1 cup sesame seeds, drain and pour into bowl. Put balls into bowl and coat with sesame seeds.
7. Heat pan with oil until boiling, lower the fire and put in sesame balls. Deep fry until light brown.